Friday, August 16, 2013

Parker and Penelope's first day of Kindergarten

The day Parker and Penelope looked forward to all summer finally arrived: the first day of Kindergarten.  They were so excited!  They were thrilled with their new clothes and shoes and backpacks.  Here is Parker waiting in front of his class:
And here are Parker and Penelope together.  They, unfortunately, are not in the same class.  I did request them to be but the principal feels very strongly that twins should be split up.  I'm not terribly worried about them being apart, I just think it would be easier (for me) to have them in the same class and they do love each other.  We'll have to see how it goes.
 Here I am with my oh-so-big kindergarteners:
 With dad:
 And here is Penelope in front of her classroom:
 So excited to see what is going on inside:
 Penelope got a little nervous when we went into her room but we quickly got her situated and said goodbye.  This is where I teared up and had put my sunglasses on.  I didn't want to scare her or give her reason to not be excited for the day.

 Then we  walked down to Parker's classroom and got him settled in
 Saying goodbye to dad:
 My last look at him before leaving:
 Just over five hours later, I was picking them up.  Unfortunately, the camera was on video so I didn't get a shot of Penelope coming out of her classroom but here is Parker with his teacher:

 They both said they had a good day and told me lots about it.  And they were both excited about going back the next day so that is a good sign.  Here's to hoping the rest of the school stays this positive!

1 comment:

The Sumner's said...

I'm so glad it went well!!!!