Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oliver started preschool!

The day finally arrived.  Oliver got to go to preschool instead of just helping drop off and pick up Parker and Penelope.  He has been looking forward to this day for a long time!  I'm so proud of him, he asked if I could come in 'just for a minute' like he does every Sunday when I take him primary but I told moms don't go to preschool but that I would be back and pick him up, he walked right in and sat down.  My friend Heather was the mom helper and told me that for the first little bit he wouldn't look at anyone or answer questions but he finally settled in and got involved.  He told me his favorite part was listening to the song "Going on a bear hunt"  He also said he colored a bus (on a paper), ate a snack of yogurt and graham crackers, played with trucks and rode a bike outside while wearing a red helmet.  All in all I think he had a great day.  I wanted to get a picture of him and his teacher but the school is working hard to streamline pick-up and drop-off so I didn't get a chance.  Maybe on Thursday.  In any case, here are the pics we took before and at the beginning of Oliver's first day of preschool:


They each wanted a turn holding Lily in the picture so we did it.
   I was really nervous letting Oliver hold her though.  But no one dropped her, success!
 Love how Lily's tongue is out in this one:
 



 Saying goodbye to dad:

 Parker and Penelope start kindergarten tomorrow so they came with us for drop-off, here they are watching Oliver through the window:
Here's to a good start to a hopefully great year of preschool for Oliver!

No comments: