Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oliver

Oh how I love my Oliver. He just makes me smile. I love going in and getting him in the morning, he gives me the biggest smile and stands right up for me to pick him up. Then he nestles his little head in my shoulder. Its often a highlight of my day.

Its hard being the younger sibling of twins, especially when they are still pretty little as well. But Parker and Penelope both love Oliver and are starting to play with him more and more rather than just yell when he touches 'their' stuff. They love to make him laugh and Parker has started to wrestle with Oliver a little bit. Oliver loves it and laughs and laughs. I keep a close watch and break it up when Oliver quits laughing! The twins are good about giving Ollie hugs, its so cute, these pictures don't do it justice but they are the best I can do:


As mom, I find myself in the kitchen quite a bit. That means Oliver finds me in the kitchen and loves to play there so he is near me (he's still quite a mama's boy). He has discovered the cupboards and loves exploring. One day he found the onions:

Oliver is a BIG fan of the park. We go almost every day and some days we go twice. However, for some reason, Hawaii doesn't believe in swings and I haven't seen swings since we moved here. But on Saturday we found some and Oliver, who had only been in a swing a handful of times in his young life, got to really experience the joy of swinging.


Luckily the parks all have slides and Oliver is all over them, literally. He loves to climb up them, down them and around them. We even have a small slide in our backyard that entertains him greatly.



Over the past month or so, Oliver has learned to laugh easily. The simplest things make him laugh and laugh.





Oh and did I mention this little toot is walking? Well, taking steps, I should say. He's been doing it for a few weeks and while he still crawls to get places for the most part, he does like to practice his mad walking skills. Every time he does it, the twins come running to me and say 'Baby walk!!' Its so cute.

He is also sleeping through the night, let me hear a hallelujah!! I now get a full night's sleep for the most part (with three under 3, someone wakes up in the night and needs comforting occasionally). I am starting to feel like a real person and actually have the energy to do slightly more than what is absolutely necessary (i.e. my house is starting to get a little organized).

I am so blessed to have this little munchkin. While he was quite a surprise, we are so blessed to have him in our home. Oh how I love my Oliver.

1 comment:

Marlise said...

Such a cutie! And I love the hugs the twins give him--so sweet. I remember you commented on my blog that sibling interaction is your favorite to observe--I agree! It's the best! And though I'm sure it's been a whirlwind, having them so close--they are going to be SUCH good friends. Fun stuff!