Thursday, December 2, 2010

This makes me happy

I know it doesn't look like much but this little Christmas decor makes me happy every time I look over at our table. Ever since the twins were born I feel like I have been in survival mode. Its been all I can do to just take care of my kids and sometimes clean my house. But after moving to Hawaii, settling in and then getting Oliver to sleep through the night, I finally feel like I can do just a little more than what is absolutely essential. Hence my table. It didn't take much, I just bought a runner from Target (I love their holiday stuff) along with a poinsettia and two candles. Then I polished my silver candlesticks and voila, I have a pretty table. I'm taking baby steps just like Oliver!!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm happy to hear that Oliver is sleeping through the night and that you are a little bit out of survival mode. :) Happy Holidays!

The Sumner's said...

I'm so proud of you! This year the decoration are staying in the garage at my house!

Leah Claire said...

Gen--I love your holiday decor! When I got back from Thanksgiving, I started hauling out my Christmas stuff right away because it makes me happy too.

MOSblue said...

I know what you mean! I found the tim to put the decorations up, but now I don't know when I'll find it to take them all down again... It gets easier with kids! :)

Laura F said...

It's so nice to have one area of your home feel "finished" and to have it stay that way for some short period of time! It's like that quote about shoveling the snow while it's still coming down... Love the table runner, it really is pretty! Your kids are so cute, and getting so big!