Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Sweet Penelope

I thought I would dedicate an entire blog to just Penelope (don't worry, Parker will get his own as well). My baby girl is eight months old and such a charmer. She is very independent and loves
to play with her toys on her own:


She is still a fan of the exersaucer and loves to babble while she plays as shown in this next video (watch her face, she makes the funniest faces):





But I don't put her in the exersaucer much because she is pretty close to crawling so I put her on the floor to encourage her to crawl. This is a clip of her trying to crawl:





She just got her first tooth (as evidenced by her drooled-on front) and really enjoys eating biter biscuits even if she does hold it in an unusual way:

One of her favorite pastimes is reading books with mom, we have a good time:


This morning, after our morning walk, we read a couple books in the playroom and then I was going to take the kids upstairs for naps. Well I was playing with Penelope for a couple minutes when she just put her head down on me and rested it there. I started to pat her and she fell asleep. Now this is very unusual because Penelope is NOT a cuddler and she doesn't fall asleep anywhere except her crib. It was nice to have her just fall asleep on me. How I love my sweet Penelope.

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

This makes me miss you more! I am so happy for you!