Sunday, May 26, 2013

5 years old

It seems like just yesterday that I gave birth to a sweet baby boy named Parker and a darling little girl named Penelope but really it was five years (and 4 days) ago.  I now have two 5-year olds.  Where does time go?  That first year, well, Tory and I joke that we don't like to talk about it.  It was rough but we survived.  And now, now I just love being a mother of twins, my twins.

To celebrate their big day we decided to throw a big superhero bash.  We invited way too many kids, I stressed about what to do and how to organize the party but we did have a few flashes of inspiration.  One was to have Tory's seminary students come help run the party and another was to have my friend Foeata (a fantastic photographer) take photos of the party. So without further ado here are some photos from the party:
















 The party was chaos but the kids seemed to have a good time and its taken Tory and I about a week to recover from it so I think it was a success!

Then on the Monday after the party I was the parent helper in their preschool class so Tory brought cupcakes at the end to celebrate their birthday.

Parker with his Star Wars cupcakes:


And Penelope with her Hello Kitty cupcakes:

And then on Wednesday, their ACTUAL birthday, they had their last day of preschool after which we took them on a little picnic:
 Parker got a Lego Star Wars encyclopedia which he immediately began to pour over.
And Penelope got a princess carriage that makes bubbles.

I got to take Parker and Penelope clothes shopping which was so fun but I didn't take any photos.  Then we headed home to go to the pool.  Sadly, the pool was closed when we got there so we told the kids we would go home and open presents and here they are playing with them.




 After dinner we had cake and then FINALLY the birthday festivities were over.  They were certainly fun while they lasted but its nice to get back to normal.  I'm so in awe that we have two 5-year olds in our house and so so thankful they are ours!


No comments: