Sunday, November 16, 2008

My New Gadget

Don't you just love laptops and wireless internet? I am currently sitting on my couch eating ice cream while blogging. Technology certainly does have its benefits!! So guess what I finally broke down and bought (an early Christmas gift for myself): a food processor!! Here it is in all its glory:

After some careful research (i.e. talking to a couple of my sisters-in-law and hearing that America's Test Kitchen recommends this one) I went with the 12-cup KitchenAid. It just arrived so I haven't actually tried it. I made a dish last night that required a fair bit of chopping and halfway through the chopping I realized I could be using my new gadget. That thought was followed by the realization that I don't know how to use it and was too tired to figure it out. So hopefully, in the near future, I will develop some food processing skills, especially in the baby food-making department since that is what spurred this purchase in the first place. So if anyone has advice on how to get to know your food processor, let me know!!

Speaking of baby food, Parker and Penelope have now been exposed to oatmeal cereal, sweet potato puree and mashed up avocado. Here are a couple videos to show their reaction to the avocado:










So as you can see, avocado was a little much for them. The next two videos show them eating avocado mixed with sweet potato puree with better results:










I can't wait to see what kind of faces come when we expose them to other new foods.

We have also been working on getting the twins to use a sippy cup on their own. Here is Penelope trying to drink from hers:




She does pretty well. Parker, well, it depends on the day :) But he is pretty close to being able to sit by himself. Here is a little picture of him being a 'big' boy:




Check out those roly-poly legs!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are the cutest babies ever. They must have a very handsome father.

Presidential Players said...

I really want your food processor! Since my cheap one just broke, I really want a nice, new one. When you figure out how it works, let me know how you like it. How much was it, by the way? Keep me posted on how it works making the baby food. :)

Genevieve said...

I did a little research on price and I found that Amazon had the best deal - it was $140 and the shipping was free. Be sure to click on all the different colors because the price is different sometimes. If I would have purchased a red or white one, it would have been more.